Wednesday 4 May 2016

PRAY FOR FORT MAC


Hey everyone, I was going to do a FOTD post but I feel like this is a far more important issue.

A few days ago in Fort McMurray, AB a wildfire started and it's been out of control ever since. The last number of people evacuated was 88,000. It's just devastating to watch people's homes burning down and seeing them lose everything but of course being Albertan's there have been massive amounts of people offering shelter, food, clothing and whatever else people may need and that's amazing. There is a lot of people who don't want to help Alberta because of their opinions on the oil sands but this is a provincial crisis and people need to realize that it's not about the oil sands or the economy, real people are losing everything they have and we need to come together in times of crisis.

Another wildfire erupted today due to a car collision. Fire from the crash caught in the trees near Lac La Biche right off the highway people were using to get out of Fort Mac and I've yet to hear if that one  is out of control. People are still working to get these fires controlled.
The Red Cross is taking donations and I have donated myself and if anyone reads this and want to donate I'll leave the link below.

 

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families affected by this tragedy. Stay strong Alberta

Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment