Monday 29 August 2016

OOTD - MISMATCHED


"Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent


Hey everyone!

Who else loves mismatched outfits?
 I don't believe in the so called "rules" when it comes to fashion. Everyone has their own sense of style and if you feel good in it then I say why not go ahead and rock it. Confidence makes the outfit. For me I've always been passionate about fashion, getting up in the morning and picking out an outfit for the day is like therapy for me. I could spend hours just creating outfits and different looks for different occasions. For those who don't know me I've been an aspiring stylist for a long time but of course it's not an industry that's easy to break into. A girl can dream right?

I've been thinking of applying to F.I.T for a while now but I'm also a person who likes a safety net. I really wish I could be that person who just leaves everything they know behind and hop on a plane and chase their dreams, but that's not me. That's not to say I haven't tried, I've applied for many internships, I've written letters to people I've volunteered at Western Canada Fashion Week, etc. It's really difficult to break in but I'm still trying and I'm hoping some day someone will notice.

I digress though, on to the outfit. Different patterns especially ones such as these many people wouldn't even dare go near but I thought it looked good and I felt amazing in it so I honestly could care less what others have to say. I am aware that the tights are ripped but it gives it a much more grunge look and I love it and how cute is this Space Invaders skirt?


Boots: Call It Spring
Skirt: Divine (I loved this store, sadly all locations have closed *cries*)
Cardigan: Who hasn't pulled old sweaters from their mom's closet?
Crop Top: Topshop
Necklace: H&M - I've never seen a necklace like this so naturally I picked it up.

I hope you guys like it and let me know if you want to see more fashion posts. I need to find a photographer or invest in a tripod though.

Bri




No comments:

Post a Comment