Monday 1 August 2016

Ready, Set, Gorgeous!




Are you ready, set, gorgeous?
COVERIGIRL'S Ready, Set, Gorgeous liquid foundation was the latest foundation I picked up in store as I had just recently ran out.
I've been using this for quite some time and I can't say I enjoyed it...of course, I'll continue to use it as I can't stand to waste product.

It's oil free which should have been a tip off that I wouldn't like it as I suffer with dry skin. Mind you I have tried other oil-free foundations that worked fine. It wasn't that this didn't work for it's purpose but it didn't work for me. This is supposedly billed for people with combination-oily skin of which I am neither.



I picked up shade 110 - Natural Ivory which is the second lightest shade in the range. It blends beautifully into the skin as you can see from above. In a few hours though I will have a large orange patch on the back of my hand, this oxidizes like no other foundation I've tried and no one wants to walk around looking like one of Willy Wonka's Oompa Loompas. I've had a couple of breakouts while using this foundation and I'm not normally one to break out ever but even when I stopped wearing it for a week I still got a breakout so I don't believe this had anything to do with it. 
It leaves a semi-matte natural finish on the skin and although it's a more mattifying foundation then I'm used to it did sit on my skin nicely with no clings to my various dry patches. 
It wasn't a horrible foundation but the biggest con and the only reason I wouldn't purchase it again is the oxidization. I'm sorry but I like my skin to be it's natural ivory white not a burnt orange.


Have you tried the Ready, Set, Gorgeous line? What are your thoughts?


Bri




No comments:

Post a Comment