Wednesday 24 August 2016

Skincare with Aveeno


As far as skincare goes Aveeno is one of my favorites. Like I've stated many times over in various posts I suffer with very dry skin and it's not just my face it's my scalp and body as well year round. I envy people who only have dry skin in the winter months.

Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing lotion helps keep the dryness at bay but they do have a lotion for eczema which I suffered with severely on my legs when I was very young. Although the daily moisturizing lotion helps keep my dryness away when I stop using it I'm right back to where I started so I'm looking into the eczema cream for a winter alternative as I imagine it's a much heavier lotion. Aveeno uses collodial oatmeal as an active ingredient which supposedly helps to restore and maintain our skin's moisture barrier. It's a bit more pricey than other drugstore lotions but I've tried many and this one has been my favorite and is well worth the price tag.




Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer  The active ingredient in this is a soy complex which is used to even out skin tone and texture making it more radiant. There is another version of this moisturizer with SPF 30 which I wish I had but this came in a set with a night cream as well so I'm not too disappointed. It mentions on the back of the bottle that natural light diffusers reflect light to visibly smooth inperfections. I think that's more of a gimmick than anything as I didn't really notice my skin tone changing at all or looking brighter. As for the texture it does help to smooth it out and your skin feels much more supple after use. It's a bit to light of a moisturizer for my liking especially come the winter months but for people with sensitive skin who are looking for something they can wear daily with SPF in the summer this would be great.





Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream This was included in the set with the Positively Radiant Moisturizer. This not only uses the active soy complex but it's enriched with Vitamin B3 as well. Out of all the things included in the gift set (positively radiant moisturizer/face wipes and night cream) this was my favorite product. It's not scented so great for sensitive skinned folk. It's a much heavier cream than the moisturizer but surprisingly soaked into the skin rather quickly as you rubbed it in. I hate to say it as I do love Aveeno as a brand but I didn't notice much more radiance to my skin with any of these porducts but I did notice after putting it on at night I woke up with softer and more moisturized skin but that's about it.


What is your favorite skin care brand?

Bri




No comments:

Post a Comment