Tuesday 9 August 2016

Worth The Hype? - Nivea Men's After Shave Balm


I don't always give in to the hype of products I see in the beauty world but this time I'm glad I did!

The Nivea Men's After Shave Balm blew up after NikkieTutorials mentioned she used it as a primer for her makeup.
I picked this up at my local drugstore for $8.99 CAD, may I quickly mention it's a fraction of the price of any drugstore primer for a lot more product. That's only the beginning of the positives I attribute to this.

First, I moisturize my face using my Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer
Then I use about a nickel size amount of the post shave balm and slather it over my face. Yes, for a few moments you will smell quite masculine but that disappears rather quickly as the balm sinks in. Following that, I use my current foundation at the moment which is the COVERGIRL Ready, Set, Gorgeous foundation.



The consistency of this is quite thin and watery but it dries down quickly and then you can continue on with your daily routine of looking flawless!
 This doesn't contain any alcohol that is going to dry out your skin which for someone like myself is a big plus.

{Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Chamomilla Recuitita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tapioca Starch, Triceteareth-4 Phosphate, Maltodextrin, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Piroctone Olamine, Fragrance}

This created the perfect canvas for makeup application. My foundation applied smoothly and easily blended into my skin (as you know from my previous review - this is not my favorite foundation) This made the foundation perform much better than it does on it's own. I usually get creasing in my under eye area and patchiness in the center of my forehead and my nose. There was minimal creasing in my under eye area  and absolutely no patchiness on my nose! That's a miracle you guys, no matter what products I use or how I apply them the makeup on my nose always seems to get patchy and disappears throughout the day and I've been testing this out as a primer during my eight hour work days so I'm impressed and almost flabbergasted that it kept the foundation on my nose looking flawless. 

The second ingredient in this is Glycerin which acts as a binding agent which is unlike normal primers as other primers the makeup just sit's on top of the base. With this your makeup binds to the glycerin keeping it fabulous throughout your long work days.

For the price and the amount I don't think there's a better primer out there. So happy I gave into the hype on this one! I never would have even thought of using this as a primer, goes to show what you can discover if you just give something a try.

Have you guys tried this? Thoughts?


Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment