Tuesday 15 November 2016

Harry Potter Tag




Anyone who knows me will know that Harry Potter has always held a special place in my heart so when I found this tag over at A Little Boat Sailing I just had to create a post for it.



1. What is your favourite book?

Out of all seven novels, the fifth is by far my favorite. The Order of the Phoenix is the largest book in the series and is where the story line takes a much darker turn. I remember staying up all hours of the night to finish this as the plot gets so intense you just can't wait to see what's going to happen next. Despite this being my favorite book it happens to be the one where a character I truly cared about has an unfortunate fate which left me in tears for hours.


2. What is your favourite film?

For entertainment purposes my favorite film is the Half Blood Prince albeit not following the book story line the movie itself had many moments that made me truly laugh out loud. {" I know, but I've got a really good feeling about Hagrid's. I feel like it's the place to be tonight. Do you know what I mean? "}
As far as the movies I think followed the books closely it would be the first two which of course were much easier to create and match to the plot as they were much smaller than the others.


3. What is your least favourite book?

It hurts me to say this but I was so let down by the Deathly Hallows. Was it because it was the last book? no. The ending to me seemed rushed and I honestly wish she would have just let it end with Harry finally defeating Voldemort. I didn't love the fact she wrote about their future lives, I think for her to go that way she should have wrote a much longer or even a whole other book on it because it just seemed like she wanted to create a quick little blurb about what happened to them and I didn't see the need for it.


4. What is your least favourite film?

The Prisoner of Azkaban, there was just so much they missed in the story line and I think they could have added so much more to explain things better and there wasn't enough Sirius Black for me. I truly hated that film with a passion. Every time I see it on T.V. it makes me angry quite honestly and usually turns into me ranting about how terrible it was and how much of the book they missed or got incorrect. I realize the movies will never be exact but I couldn't have been more upset with a book to film adaptation.

5. Which parts of the books/films made you cry?

Two character deaths, one in the Order of The Phoenix. The other in the Deathly Hallows. I cried in both the books and movies when they happened. When watching the second half of the Deathly Hallows I was a sobbing wreck from the point they showed Hogwarts until the end of the film, I'm sure people in the theatre wanted to kill me but Harry Potter was ending, my childhood was ending. I couldn't handle the emotions to say the least.

6. If you could hook up with any character who would it be?

Fred Weasley. 


7. Who is your favourite character?

Sirius Black even though he passed quite soon he was with me in spirit through the rest of the books.


8. Who is your least favourite character?

Dolores Umbridge, do I need to explain why? The casting director couldn't have picked a better actress for her.


9. What is your least favourite line?

"And Percy was shaking his brother, and Ron was kneeling beside them, and Fred's eyes stared without seeing, the ghost of his last laugh still etched upon his face" 

Even reading that again makes my eyes water.


10. What would your Patronus be?

If you know me you'll know I love dogs more than any animal as I don't think you'll find another creature who can love you so much so I'm thinking it would be something from the canine family whether it be a wolf or a dog.


11. If you could have the invisibility cloak, resurrection stone or elder wand, which would you choose?

The Invisibility cloak.


12. What house would you be in?

I know you can't believe internet tests but I'm not lying to you guys when I say literally every single one I've ever done (there's been a lot) including Pottermore has placed me into Gryffindor, That's not to say I think I belong to Gryffindor because I am not brave by any means. I'm more of a mix of a Gryffindor & a Hufflepuff.


13. If you could meet any member of the cast who would it be?

Rupert Grint. What I've seen of him in interviews he seems like such a funny guy who you could easily get along with.


14. If you were on the Quidditch team, what position would you play?

I would love to be a chaser, although I don't think I'd excel in any of the positions. I'm not the most athletically talented to say the least.


15. Were you happy with the ending?

This ties into my answer for question 3, I wish the books and the movies wouldn't have ended with their future selves.

16. How much does Harry Potter mean to you?

I began reading Harry Potter when I was in grade 2 at the age of seven (I've always had an advanced reading level) and continued growing up with the characters as I got older in both the books & movies. I love that these books can be loved by all ages they are absolutely amazing and pull you into a world of magic where you can forget your everyday reality. No one understands the place this series holds in my heart and my childhood memories. As an adult I will continue to read these time and time again. When I cried in the last movie it was more sadness that Harry Potter was over than anything. Although now the Cursed Child is out I can have a little of the magic back in my life.




Do you love Harry Potter? 

If  you do the tag make sure you comment below so I can read your answers!

Bri

Follow on Bloglovin for my first giveaway! 25 Followers is when I will be doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment