Monday 12 December 2016

Drug Store Surprise - COVERGIRL Quad in Goldmine




Cover Girl for me is not a special brand and isn't one whose collections or new releases really ever excite me. For me they've always been an okay brand with sub par products. When I wondered into my local drug store I had a $2 off coupon for Cover Girl eye products and didn't want it to go to waste so naturally I took a gander over to the Cover Girl section and decided to pick up one of their Eye Enhancer Quads in the shade "Goldmine" 
The shades in this little guy do not give me any sense of a Gold Mine. If I were to think of a palette inspired by a Gold mine it would certainly incorporate a gold shimmer, a bronze a smoky gray and either a gunmetal or black shade but I digress. 
The shades albeit not looking pigmented in the swatches apply beautifully to the eyes and blend out incredibly well.


The green is my least used shade as I don't have a need for an iridescent green. I did use it once in the Spring when I first picked it up but this shade really blended into nothing, just a wash of sparkles.
The other three though I used today and the lightest pink, when packed on the lid looks stunning! I was pleasantly surprised. They truly do apply so much better over primer nor do they come out patchy like their swatch counterparts. I used the mid tone brown shade in my crease which on my skin looked very orange but not a bright orange more of a pale orange cream color and then in the outer v I used the purple brown color which for a darker matte blended like a dream.
For the price I paid I was quite happy with how well they worked for me but I wish there was either another brown or purple or maybe even a dark pink in place of the green, which aside from the name of the palette is my only other gripe.

Maybe I'll start testing out some other Cover Girl shadows. I do like the looks of the new Tru Blend palettes {The Tru Nudes, Roses and Jewels}

What's your favorite Drugstore Eyeshadows?

Bri

Follow on Bloglovin for my first giveaway!


No comments:

Post a Comment