Wednesday 7 December 2016

MAC: Nutcracker Sweet Nude Lipstick Collection


Good morning lovelies. 
Christmas is lurking right around the corner and I just finished my shopping, thank goodness. The earlier the better I say!

With the holidays looming ever so near I thought why not review a Holiday oriented collection. I won't lie to you guys, as much of a frivolous spender as I may be this year has been much tighter on funds meaning I've been trying very hard to keep my eyes and wallet away from any new Holiday releases. 
A girl and I at work got into a conversation about makeup (lipstick, mostly) which led her to mention that she just picked up MAC's Nutcracker Sweet Nude Lipstick set which includes four nude lipsticks {Kinda Sexy, Nouvelle Vogue, Creme Cup & Whirl}
She decided she only liked Creme Cup so ended up gifting the other three to me. What an incredibly sweet gesture that of course I was very thankful for. 



{left to right: Kinda Sexy, Nouvelle Vogue, Whirl}

Kinda Sexy has brown and pink undertones. Nouvelle Vogue is more on the pink side of things where as Whirl (a popular shade thanks to Kylie Jenner) is much darker than both and quite brown toned.



Swatches {left to right: Nouvelle Vogue, Kinda Sexy & Whirl}

Nouvelle Vogue: A dark pink with a hint of plum in a matte finish. This wore well and wasn't overly drying. The colour is nice for everyday as it's a subtle dark pink so if you're looking for something more noticeable for the office but not over the top this would be a good choice. Suited me well and I'm very fair but I could picture it working on a wide range of skin tones.


Kinda Sexy: This shade didn't mesh with my skin tone at all, it looked awful to be honest. It's a matte finish and is a pink/brown almost coral looking nude.It seems that any lipstick with a hint of coral in it doesn't suit me as much as I wish I could pull it off I will be giving this to someone else. Great colour pay off but found it to be a tad more drying on the lips than Nouvelle Vouge.

Whirl: Usually browns don't suit me but I loved Whirl more than any of them. Of course like the other two it's a matte finish. It's a dark brown nude and is perfect for Fall & Winter. I'd heard so much hype surrounding this colour and now I know why. Beautiful Colo that goes on opaque in one swipe. It does create a very dry finish however so be sure to prep lips with a sugar scrub and some balm before application. I didn't have high hopes for me pulling this off but it looked surprisingly gorgeous against my pale skin. Whirl will be getting good use this winter.

I have a vast collection of MAC's lipsticks in an array of finishes but I'd never tried these and the matte finish is my absolute favorite so a big thank-you to Barb from work, I love them and they went to a good home. Kinda Sexy was a flop for me sadly but my little sister is all into the makeup at the moment so I'll pass it off to her.

What is your favorite shade & finish from MAC?

Bri

Follow on Bloglovin, for an upcoming giveaway!


3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous shades! I love the look of whirl :)

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Kinda Sexy looked a little off on my skin tone however but I love Whirl

      Delete