Wednesday 1 February 2017

Top 5 - Lipsticks {Drugstore Edition}



Hey loves!
It's been a few days since my last post, I was having some serious bloggers block for a while and thought why not do a Top 5 post as I love to read them and figured you might as well.

We're going to chat about my top 5 favorite drug store lipsticks.
They're almost all reds & the same brand, oops. 
I can't even fathom how many times I've mentioned that red is by far my all time favorite lip color on my blog but if this doesn't prove it, I don't know what will.






{Note: The swatches follow left to right as they are laid in the above photos}


Do you see a running theme here?

I think Covergirl renamed this shade "Hot" When I was searching for the link I was unable to find "Hot Passion" This is one of the reds Taylor Swift is known to rock, there's a fun fact for you! I love this because it's matte which is my favorite finish and it lasts on the lips forever. After swatching these I went to remove them with a Burts Bee Makeup Remover cloth and this was the only one which didn't come off fully. This does leave a stain on the lips once it wears down and for a matte lipstick it's very comfortable on the lips, no negatives about this bad boy!

The Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks by Rimmel. I love these. 
I own a lot of lip products, both drug store and high end. Out of all the drug store lip products I've tried these are the best. They are only $6.99 and are extremely pigmented and I'd say are more of a satin finish as they're not a flat matte nor are they shimmers. I own almost every shade these come in including the nude collection but I narrowed it down to the 111, 42, 01 and 107.
107 is a beauty blogger cult favorite including beauty gurus like Zoella so I won't go into much detail about it.
I didn't realize until they were swatched but 111 and 01 are identical so I guess you don't really need both.
42 is from the nude collection and I love it because it's not so pale that I turn into a corpse when wearing it and I like pink toned nudes as I find they suit my pale skin better than ones with brown undertones.

So, there you have it my top 5 favorite drug store lippies.

What are your top 5?

Bri

Follow on Bloglovin, giveaway at 25 followers!



No comments:

Post a Comment