Monday 13 March 2017

Top 5 High End Lipsticks




Hello again!
I did a drugstore top 5 about a month ago and thought to follow up that post I'd do one for high end options.

Being a self confessed lipstick addict I had a lot of options to choose from but after much deliberation I found the ones I reach for most.




{left to right - Velvet Teddy, Russian Red, Melted Peony, Lolita & Soft Lilac}

MAC Velvet Teddy - Velvet Teddy is as perfect as they all say. A fantastic brown toned nude that works for every look! I don't find Velvet Teddy to be as drying as other matte lipsticks either making it quite comfortable to wear during the day.

Russian Red - Unlike Velvet Teddy although they are both in MAC's matte range, Russian Red is very drying on the lips. I recommend exfoliating and applying lip balm before applying this. Russian Red is completely opaque with one application and lasts well over 5 hours if you stray from greasy foods or excessive drinks. I love dark reds and this is by far my favorite. I wear this year round, who said dark colors were only for fall/winter?

Too Faced Melted Peony - If you read my blog regularly you'll know I prefer a matte finish to a glossy finish. This is my exception, it doesn't dry completely matte but it's not glossy on the lips, it's more of satin finish I'd say. A lovely light pink, you'll be seeing this on my lips a lot this spring!

Kat Von D Lolita - I recently wrote a post on this - here. I've been wearing this constantly the past couple of weeks.

ABH Soft Lilac - This looks surprisingly different on different skin tones. I'm ghostly pale so this looks much darker on my lips then the soft toned lavender it appears on others. There seems to be a lot of mixed feelings on ABH's liquid lipstick formula and even though I've only tried one, I love it! I can only fault the formula in the sense that it's not transfer proof. I've yet to find a liquid lipstick formula that doesn't transfer so it's not a negative for me.

I've been wanting a YSL lipstick for a long time, so I may have to pick one up the next time I'm at Sephora.

What are your top 5 high end lipsticks? 

Bri

Follow on Bloglovin - one more follower till a giveaway!


No comments:

Post a Comment